How to Introduce yourself in Japanese



Going to live in Japan? Better prepare yourself with a Japanese self-introduction



1.はじめまして (Hajimemashit)

  Nice to meet you.

It is the first time(meeting)
 'However,to make it closer to the equivalent  English expression,It is more often          translated as 'Nice to meet you'



2. わたしは ジョン です。(watashi wa ジョン  desu)

 I am Jon.

 わたしは(name) です. (watashiwa (name)  desu)
 I am (name) .

  
 A wa B desu means 'A=B' 
 wa' marks the topic/subject of the sentence
 'desu' means something similar to 'to be ' in English.



3. わたしは にほんじん です。(watashi wa Nihonjin desu)

 I am Japanese.
   
 わたしは (contries) です(watashiwa (contries) desu)
 I am (contries) .

Jin : <country + Jin>=People/person from that country or area
  

4.わたしは エンジニア です。(watashi wa enjinia desu)

I am engineer.

わたしは  (Job) です。 watashiwa  Job desu)
I am (job)
  

5.よろしくおねがいします。(Yoroshikuonegaishimasu)


This is simply a “Japanese set phrase” that you need to use in such encounters and first time meetings. 

A more casual version of yoroshiku onegaishimasu is yoroshiku.
    
         
  

        

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

what's the different between “wakarimasen” or “shirimasen” ?

How To Say “Please give me” In Japanese?

How to use ''おつかれさまです’’